The Academy encourages parents and other district citizens to visit the Academy. Since Academy’s are
a place of work and learning, certain limits must be set for such visits. The Principal or her designee is
responsible for all persons in the building and on the grounds. For these reasons, the following rules apply
to visitors to the schools:
• Anyone who is not a regular staff member or student of the school will be considered a visitor.
• All visitors to the school must report to the security office upon arrival at the school. There they
will be required to register, and must present a valid drivers’ license or ID. They will then be
issued a visitor’s identification badge, which must be worn at all times while in the school or on
school grounds. All visitors must exit via the main entrance of the school when their visit is
• Visitors attending school functions that are open to the public, such as parent-teacher
organization meetings or public gatherings, are not required to register.
• Teachers are expected not to take class time to discuss individual matters with visitors.
• Any unauthorized person on school property will be reported to the principal or her designee.
Unauthorized persons will be asked to leave.
• All visitors are expected to abide by the rules for public conduct on school property contained in
this code of conduct.